NFVCB Set to Destroy Porn and Pirated Movies

By on July 22, 2014

The National Film & Video Censors Board (NFVCB) has confirmed that it will destroy two million copies of unwholesome and pornographic movies valued at around N10 million.

Making the announcement in Abuja, NFVCB’s Acting Head (corporate affairs) Caesar Kagho said 60 per cent of the movies to be destroyed are pornographic, while the remaining 40 per cent are unwholesome and pirated movies. The movies in question were seized during various raids in Karu, Gwagwalada, Kubwa, Wuse markets and Airport road in the FCT.

The NFVCB is currently working with the Federal Ministry of Environment (FME) to secure an apt dump site to burn the seized movies.

Meanwhile, the censor board has given its approval to “Half A Yellow Sun” and 77 other movies. Kagho said all the movies approved by the board fulfilled the regulatory conditions. Half A Yellow Sun is one of the fifteen movies that have been approved for theatre exhibition.

The list of other exhibition movies approved by the board includes Edge of Tomorrow; Under the Skin; The Fault in our Stars; Tokarev; Blended; Dead Drop; Maleficent; Vampire Academy; 22 Jump Street; A Soldier is never off Duty; Finding Fela; How to Train your Dragon; Under the Skin; The Fault in our Stars; Million Dollar Arm & Transformers: Age of Extinction; and Holiday.

About EKELEME JUDITH OLUCHI

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

WP-Backgrounds Lite by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann 1010 Wien